Wednesday, March 4, 2009

controlled chaos

as any mother with more than one young child (and absolutely a mother of multiples) will tell you: sometimes life is controlled chaos. one of the most chaotic portions of the day during the school week is getting three children dressed and ready to get out the door and be at the bus stop by 8:15am. most days it is a race. most days m&k stay in the car at the bus stop, because there are about 40 other kids there running around and that is chaos enough, but also because often they are likely to still be in pj's. this video is what a typical morning in my house looks like. one child with a faux hawk in preparation for "wacky wednesday" at school; one child throwing a fit because - well frankly, who the heck knows why; and the third child happy as can be running around with only a diaper and a BK crown in 17 degree weather. so in other words, its wednesday at my house. enjoy the video.


4 comments:

xoxoxo said...

you know you're a mom when a state of chaos is actually the norm...

Laura said...

I love how they are running laps around the kitchen and living room and dining room.... My dogs do the same thing. Ah this should be fun!

n. said...

laura - they *love* to run laps!

Unknown said...

That video pretty much showed a typical day around here. In fact, now I don't need to video our kids, I can just borrow yours!! G & S will run laps for hours if we let them. And by the way...I'm already jealous of the new house from what I saw!!