Wednesday, September 24, 2008

pale in comparison

a great friend of ours is in a band in upstate new york, and here is a new song they are singing. lyrics below in case you have a hard time hearing over the raucous laughter. as i said to my mom over the weekend, i think i will get some tees made for the boys that say "my mama is voting for obama"



Ode to Sarah Palin
The El Caminos
Lyrics by Chuck Donovan
Music by El Caminos, with apologies to Robert Earl Keen (See “Copenhagen” for the reason)


When I think of what I want out of my Vice President,
A pit bull wearing lipstick would sure be heaven sent
Especially if she’s from somewhere I can send a drill
If Hillary won’t do it, you know that Sarah will!

Sarah Palin, she comes from Alaska
Sarah Palin, she sure has a pretty smile
Sarah Palin, was caused McCain to ask ya
Sarah Palin, is he really that senile?

Then I watched her speak at that big ol convention
And I had some thoughts that frankly were too dark for me to mention
As she spit her hate and bile all over my tv
I can’t believe that she was Miss Congeniality!

Sarah Palin, was mayor of her home city
Sarah Palin, where they cook that crystal meth
Sarah Palin, but don’t you think she pretty? Vote for
Sarah Palin, something that rhymes with crystal meth! (OR “ain’t no VPILF”!)

Since that night I haven’t seen Sarah anywhere
On the Sunday morning talk shows there was no hide nor hair
Just GOP good ol boys talking loud and big
About how wrong Obama is for calling her a pig

Sarah Palin, if the shoe fits wear it
Sarah Palin, thought that wasn’t what he meant
Sarah Palin, if you actually can’t bear it
Sarah Palin, how can you be Vice President?


So on that November morning when you go to make your choice,
Remember that no matter what she says in that sweet voice
Makes up for the policies to which Sarah adheres
Let’s keep her out of Washington for the next eight years

Sarah Palin, why didn’t they vet her?
Sarah Palin, just wanted to remind you bout that crystal meth
Sarah Palin, even Romney would be better than
Sarah Palin, I really think it’s time she left!


Repeat choruses as desired, creating rhymes on the fly if you feel the need…

love ya chuck!!

1 comment:

xoxoxo said...

That was great! I want one of those tees for my brilliant 4-year-old, who, when she saw a political ad on TV recently said, "I just don't like that McCain!"